Kate vs. Moody Bridges (1769)
Suit based on mother was free Indian. Case sent to arbitration with Peter vs. Moody Bridges. Finding for Plaintiff.
- Plaintiff: Kate
- Defendant: Moody Bridges
- Arbitrator: Samuel Phillips Esq.
- Arbitrator: Captain John Farnum
- Arbitrator: Mr. John Willson
- Witness on Arbitration: Abiel Stevens
Essex Court of Common Pleas
- September 1768 Newburyport: Case filed and sent to arbitration
- December 1768 Salem: Case continued
- March 1769 Ipswich: Case continued
- July 1769 Salem: Case continued
- September 1769 Newburyport: Case disposed
- Disposition: Report read & Accepted. Judgement for the Plaintiff.
Monetary Damages: 5 Shillings
Related CasesPeter vs. Moody Bridges (1769)
Suit based on mother was free Indian. Case sent to arbitration with Kate vs. Moody Bridges. Finding for Plaintiff.